Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sometimes, I Think #1

Sometimes, I think that books are always there for you. Charred by the fire, still there for you, no matter--by pages, by covers, but when with you, they're with you. Soaking wet by the water, still there for you, no matter--by pages, by covers, but when with you, they're with you.

Whenever I feel sad, I run and get Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck--autographed, paperback, and ruined--and cry with it and reread my favorite parts. All that, I feel a lot better and renewed.

Whenever I see a book, I tingle all over. I want to touch it, and know what it has to tell us.

I can always trust a book. I tell them my secrets (not written on the books, just say it to the books) and they'll always keep it. They will never tell a secret.

Books are like my world's best friends. They'll always be there for me forever.

If I'm burdened by a secret or a problem--I turn to any books and tell them the secret or problem. Then I feel unburdened and the book will hold my burden for me until I feel ready to take the burden.

Sometimes,  I think that books are the only one in the world who you could trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment