Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT. If you haven't read Tiger's Quest, then you're reading this at a risk.

Older Version--10 (on the scale of 1-10)

Newer Version-5 (on the scale of 1-10)
Whoa. I love this...but hate this at the same time--I'm scared to know if I'm bipolar or it's just PMS. But the feeling is permaent, so I'm not betting on PMS, but defintiely betting on bipolar disorder. EEEP.

The cover: WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA! This is defintely a predatory look! This is Kishan, and you now know why I liked him. He makes me feel gigglish. Is that even a word? LOL. Again, I liked the older version better than the newer. Again, the wording--it pleases me (not the newer one, it got block letters, eeewww. I meant the older one, and its Hindi-like wording) I'm definitely lovin' it :)
The story: I loved the begninning, and Li! Again, Li is my type. OMG! I love karate guys! Or Marital arts guys! So you could say that I called dibs on Li too. The customs is very interesting, and I like the cultural information from this book. And the fight between Ren and Li--I laughed so hard that I cried! I mean, they both are acting like a teenagers, and I guess, they're still teenagers, in some way. I think that the time Kells and Ren spent together after she chose him was sweet, until the moment that Ren was kidnapped. And the part when Kells started realizing that she loved Kishan, too, I was a little pissed off. I liked it when Kells was together with Ren. At least, I know that Kells truly loved Ren (in love) while she loved Kishan, too, but in different way, I think that the love was almost like too close friends. So I know that Kells would always turn to Ren for true love, and Kishan would be her second choice, but the love between Kells and Kishan isn't as intense or passionate like Kells and Ren.
I love the huge tree part!! It's so cool, and the metallic birds--I'm a little scared of them. I loved the "Noah of the Ark" land, I wish that it was like in the real world. That'd be nice, and I guarantee that we, the humans, would be wiped out. :) The dream stone, I love it! It's almost like an answer to everything, but the answers are in riddles. Kelsey's connection to Ren was so strong, and the last dream that they both shared was bizarre. I loved it when Ren called Kelsey "wife of my heart" and it was his way of letting her know what would happen. His way of letting Kelsey know that, even though if Ren didn't remember Kelsey, he would still love her--no matter what happened.

Actually, I don't agree with Kells's theory about the bad guy (I forgot his name, EEEK!) did that to Ren. I think that Goddess Durga did that to him. In exchange for her protection, Ren must forget about his true love--Kelsey.
I'm right, am I, Colleen Houck? :)

Anyway, when I finished the second book, I cried for an hour!!! AN HOUR! I usually cry for several mintues like I did with My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I cried for an hour, and that was VERY UNUSUAL.

Congraulations, Colleen Houck, for making the record. :)

Overall rating: 10 MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, for a newbie author like Colleen Houck, I'm impressed with her progress. Tiger Series is her first books, and it's soooooo wonderful!! I'm forever congraulationing Colleen Houck!

No comments:

Post a Comment