Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT. If you haven't read Tiger's Curse, then you're reading this at a risk.

Shh, don't tell anyone that I said this--this is my most favorite series EVER. I know that I said that I'm not supposed to choose between my children, but I can't help but to love this series better.
Older Version: 10 on the scale of 1-10

Newer Version: 3 on the scale of 1-10

The cover: I love it! Instead of showing the main character, like most books do, this showed the guy who has a problem. Somehow, it showed that Kelsey Hayes's not completely the main character. It showed that she's a main character, but don't forget about Dhiren and Kishan, too. They're main characters, too. The cover is so beautiful that I couldn't stop staring at it! OMG. One thing is, I liked the old cover better than the newer one. The newer one is a little uglier than the older one. EEEP. I love the title's font!! It's like Hindi's words, but written in English with Hindi's style! LOVE IT.

The story: I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I couldn't stop reading it. I feel like it's classic. :) I couldn't get tired of a part of the story--it's all good! One thing, though, Kelsey, you're willing to go to a strange place with a stranger guy? If I were her, I would go, but, hey, I have no common sense. But that's only one thing that I dislike about the story. The rest--all good. I loved the part when Kelsey ignored Ren in the underground kingdom, and he exploded. I laughed! I mean, I know that it's wrong of her to do that--I wouldn't do that!--but, somehow, imagining it makes me laugh.
And Ren--he's soooo hot!! He's definitely my type. Cobalt blue eyes, golden/bronze skin, black hair that's tousled and stopped at nape...ooh, I'm getting tingly! He's everything that I would dream of a guy. Romantic, a poet, he can play a guitar, and you see the big picture. I called my dibs on him. :)
Kishan...He's my type, too, sadly. I imagine that he's like Ren's twin, but the only difference is his eyes, which is golden, and his cocky attitude. I hate cocky guys, but the way that Colleen Houck described him makes me tingly too! I like the guy who would wrestle me and play rough with me (not so rough like a broken nose!) So you could say that I called dibs on him too.
And, Kelsey! She's like my twin! You could see that by my profile picture, she looks like me. (I don't know about her nose, but mine is little pug-nosed.) We both are not skinny or too chubby. We're average-type. And oliver tan skin. Oh, and the eyes! We both have same eyes. We both have the same hair (well, almost same) Hers is wavy and brunette, while mine is wavy and curly and brunette. Our hair would frizz and are easy to go out of the control. We both are bookworms. So, I would say that we're almost like twins--but the age. Damn, the age! She's seventeen and I'm thirteen. UGH!
The ending, I hated and loved it. Kelsey was stupid to leave him, but I had to agree with her on that. I mean, she's average, while Ren's ultra-above-average guy. He's like a god. He's so perfect (and flawed, of course) and I'd think that, once the curse's broken, he'd attract lot of girls and he'd probably dump me for a hotter, sexier woman. I would protect my heart, like Kelsey tried. Ren's broken howl--I wouldn't have heard it, because I'm Deaf and all, but if  I were hearing and I heard that, I'd bawl my eyes out in front of Mr. Kadam!

Overall rating: 10 IT'S A MUST READ. I've recommended it to over hundreds of people to read it--and they read it. They loved it. I love it. Tiger's Curse, I have a terrible news for you--you're never getting rid of me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment